Chamber Sponsored Workshops/Seminars
Discounted advertising rates in the Chamber Business Directory
Discounted advertising rates in the Chamber Newsletter
Discounted rates for booths in our Annual Trade Show
Free Listing on the Chamber Web Site / Discounted site link rates
Networking Opportunities Chamber “Fun in the Sun” Golf Tournament - Monthly Luncheons - Annual General Meeting – Business & Community Excellence Awards – President’s Ball - Chamber Trade Show
Free Brochure Display or Business Card Display
Targeted Issue Forums
Business Interests Representation and Opportunities for Involvement
Provincial and Canadian Chamber membership and benefits
1. How big is the Chamber? We have approx. 210 members, 2 full-time staff, a budget of $248,000, many committees and volunteers.
2. Who runs it? We are governed by a Board of Directors consisting of 13 business men and women, representing various sectors of the local economy. Most serve one year elected terms, some one-year appointed terms. A current list of Directors can be found in our newsletter or here on our website. The Board hires a full-time Executive Director to coordinate the overall operations of the Chamber.
3. What's the best way to get the most out of your membership? We're glad you asked. Our most satisfied members are those who attend and volunteer at meetings and activities; who use us as a source of information, advice and support. We've long believed that business is a full contact sport, and the Chamber is the perfect place to connect with potential new clients. Your opportunities are only limited by the amount of time you invest. Don't stay in your office all day -- get out and participate!
4. If I'm busy and can't attend an event, are my employees eligible to come? Absolutely! They are welcome to attend, either in your place or with you. In fact, many of our seminars and hands-on workshops are aimed at employees and not employers, so keep your eyes open for announcements that might be of interest to someone else in your company.
5. When are meetings held? Monthly Luncheons are held on the third Tuesday of the month. The Board of Directors meets on the second and fourth Tuesdays at noon. Committees meet at varying times. We meet year round, except for July and August. Check the events listing for a full list of meetings and events.
6. What's the Chamber's relationship with Government? The Chamber is an independent entity, established under the Board of Trade Act. We work closely with elected Municipal, Provincial, and Federal officials to provided input on issues of importance to the business community. The Chamber also maintains an active relationship with the BC and Canadian Chambers of Commerce.
7. How do I get on a committee or task force? Contact us at 250-774-2956 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Sign up for a committee or volunteer list on our website